Friday, February 12, 2010

I always thought I lived in Texas.....

.... but I am beginning to have second thoughts.  After having a record breaking snow yesterday I think we moved north without notice.  This winter has been like no other I have been in since living in Texas.  Wait I grew up in Southern California, so make that all my life.  Don't get me wrong I love the snow and spent most of the day out in.  Evidence is proven by my red face, guess the sun isn't the only thing that can do that.  After doing the usual snowman building and playing with family and dogs, I decided to take a short hike in surrounding pastures.  I didn't go far since12 inches of snow gives the legs a good workout and I soon discovered why they make snowshoes.  After talking to several of my local friends, we came to the conclusion that Texas people don't have snow legs and our northern friends have buns of steel.  I can recall when it went over 32 degrees, as I was standing under a bunch of trees when the snow started falling and had to move quick!  I did get my camera out a few times so I could share with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment